March 23rd, 2009

Greetings from Chicago.

From the moment I stepped off the plane my father and I went to work. We headed straight downtown to Millennium Park and setup the official WAH World Tour 2009 Booth at the popular tourist trap known as The Bean.

I’m not sure how many new readers we picked up. But we did pass out a lot of homemade lemonade.

Next stop: Arizona.

Mar 25, 2009

Greetings from Flagstaff.

We arrived in Phoenix yesterday but couldn’t get a permit to setup the official WAH World Tour 2009 Booth. Apparently the Phoenix authorities had heard about all the trouble and debauchery in Chicago that was caused during the last leg of the tour. I was forced to setup outside the city, which some people call the desert.

Needless to say I didn’t pick up too many new fans at our alternate location.

March 27th, 2009

Greetings from Phoenix.

We setup the official WAH World Tour 2009 Booth at one of the seemingly endless rims of the Grand Canyon yesterday.

Don’t be fooled by what my rim neighbors were wearing. At 9000 feet in March it’s pretty darn cold.

I then hiked through the Canyon in order to bring WAH to those who dwell deep in the Canyon’s belly. If you squint you can just make me out in these photos.

I’m actually nowhere near those red arrows. I don’t know how those got in there.

This leg of the tour ends on Sunday.

Mar 30, 2009

I’m back in Raleigh after a Major League finish in Mesa, AZ.

Our last Woody After Hours World Tour appearance was Friday at Hohokam Stadium, home of the Chicago Cubs spring training games.

Before the game started we setup the booth at one of the main stadium hangouts.

We didn’t get as many new fans as we thought we would. During the game we got as close to the field as legally allowed.

The Cubs narrowly defeated the Chicago White Sox 9-4. It was pretty close the entire game and could have gone either way.

A huge thank you to my father, who asked to be recognized by his nickname “Dollar”, for making the Chicago and Phoenix legs of the WAH World Tour possible. I don’t know how many new fans we picked up, but we had a great time regardless.

One thing I do know is that the Arizona hotel economy is hurting. It’s so bad that they can’t even provide complete bars of soap anymore.

May 25th, 2009

The Woody After Hours World Tour 2009 has returned to Raleigh from its four day leg in Houston. Here were some highlights:

I setup the booth in Discovery Green Park, directly across the street from the George R Brown Convention Center. The place is gigantic, so my plan was to intercept thousands, if not millions, of conventioneers as they went out to lunch.

After two hours of not seeing anyone, however, I learned that there wasn’t a convention that day.

I moved the booth to Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros. I figured that after my last Major League appearance, this would be the perfect place to build some excitement for WAH.

Unfortunately, the game wasn’t for another four hours, and I had a plane to catch, so I didn’t really get a chance to talk to anyone.

Overall, Houston was a lot of fun and the tour was a huge success.

Jun 23, 2009

The Tour has spent the last two days walking around central London introducing Woody After Hours to the world’s masses. And where better to start spreading the decent word then in front of Buckingham Palace?

We’re sad to report that the meeting we had scheduled with the Queen was canceled.

Jun 25, 2009

The Woody After Hours World Tour 2009 has completed its mission in London. We spread as much knowledge and did as much damage as we could. I think everyone is better for it. We’re now a few hundred miles North West in a little place called Ambleside. It’s pretty.

Before leaving London the Tour wrapped up in Regent’s Park. After arguing for hours with the local officials about permits and things they allowed us to setup the Tour Booth at the Triton Fountain in Queen Mary’s Gardens. We were in an area of the park called the Inner Circle, which shows just how popular WAH is becoming over here.

The Woody After Hours World Tour 2009 is wrapping up. We’ve been all over London, the Lake District and Bradford. We’ve had a great time and we’ve spread the decent word, but we’re looking forward to coming back to the States.

It’s the hottest day of the year so far in England, so where better to set up the booth for the last time then in London’s King Cross Tube station. It was hot, it was rush hour, it couldn’t have been a better idea.

Cheers and mind the gap.

– Ben